Looking for a Unity Developer
The ideal Unity developer is someone who can plan, develop, and lead Unity projects. We’re looking for someone with 5-10 years Unity experience and must have experience with AR. Someone who can take a Unity project and know all the pieces needed to plan, organize, develop, and deploy.
NeoPangea is hiring a Unity Developer/Generalist to join our team of creative artisans and technologists. If you believe you have killer Unity skills and looking for an opportunity to create games and experiences for several exciting brands, we want to hear from you.
Armed with your mighty sword and knowledge of all things Unity, you will develop, debug, and deploy stellar games and unique interactive experiences. But it is dangerous to go alone, so you will work alongside our cunning creatives, daring designers, and protective project managers on a quest of multiple projects. Together we will brainstorm and solve challenges, as we save the princess from certain doom.
When planning any quest, you will be responsible for the structure of a Unity application for efficiency in performance and ease of development, which includes building reusable and optimized components in C#, as well as hooking up those components within the Unity editor. You will also be responsible for estimating projected projects and presenting project builds to the team during internal and client milestones.
- Master C# coding skills and expert knowledge of Unity APIs
- Ability to navigate through all areas of Unity
- Publishing to mobile apps
- Unity AR Foundations (ARKit/ARCore)
- Ability to work with 3D & 2D Animators
- Ability to work with provided 3D and 2D assets for level design
- Unity’s UI system for responsive layouts across multiple screen sizes
- Creating and loading Asset Bundles
- Optimizing for file size and performance
- Publishing to Apple’s App Store Connect & TestFlight
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
Additional skills a plus:
- Web development
- Familiarity with loading content over networks and other web-based services
- 3D Modeling/Animation
- 5+ years of experience developing and publishing Unity games and apps for mobile and desktop
- 2+ years with AR Foundations (ARKit/ARCore)
- 5+ years working alongside other Unity developers, designers, and Project Managers
- 5+ years working alongside designers, project managers, Art Directors, etc.
- 5+ years using Git repositories
- Ability to show published examples of work
How We're Working During COVID
Currently, our team is working offsite until it is safe to return to collaborate in a shared space. Our goal is to create an environment where the team can continue to work remotely for 80% of the week. If you are outside of the geographic region of eastern PA we will consider full-time remote for the right candidate.
Who We Are
NeoPangea is a creative partner for imaginative brands who dare to dream.
We are a team of creatives, designers, and developers who love entertaining people, experimenting with technology, telling stories, and having a great time doing it.
As a creative partner, we collaborate closely with cultural institutions, non-profits, and brands to create bespoke solutions to every creative challenge, instead of just repackaging things that we, or someone else, might have already done.
These projects span a lot of mediums, like digital experiences, games, VR & AR, digital advertising, and social media content, for television networks, brands, and museums.
We enjoy the simple things in life, like movies with swords, games with laser guns, and drinks with little straw hats. We also wear silly costumes… like, a lot.
NeoPangea's primary space is in West Reading, PA, about an hour west of Philadelphia, and serves as the headquarters for mad scientists, Victorian enthusiasts, and Star Wars nerds alike. Yes, we have artifacts from this building's former life as a bank, we have a hot air balloon, an Arduino-powered nerf gun, custom standing desks, and Han Solo frozen in carbonate. No, we do not have a time machine...yet.
View our work: NeoPangea.com
If this sounds compelling, we’d love to hear from you. Share your experience and a link to your portfolio with Shane Hoffa: [email protected].
Applicants without a relevant digital portfolio (website url or PDF) will not be considered. Please do not send Word documents. No phone calls, please.
At NeoPangea we are always taking strides to maximize the participation of minorities, women, and people from all groups whose voices have historically been diminished. Although our team is small, we strive to be inclusive and someone’s race, gender, or able-bodied status has never had any impact whatsoever in their viability to join our team. Our bathrooms are gender neutral. We also have a nearby park and a shower onsite for outdoorsy types.
- Competitive health, dental, and vision care coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible vacation policies
- Remote Work
- Year-end bonuses
- Parental Leave
- Family and pet-friendly policies
- AD&D coverage
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Life Insurance